Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Seriously, Shoppers Drug Mart – The Incident

So it's March of 2009.

Or maybe it's winter of '08.

Frankly, it doesn't matter. I'd noticed it several times, but there was one particular time that got me really riled up, and I thought – someone should write a letter.

You see, there's a new design among Shoppers Drug Mart stores, one that has been duplicated in every store I've been into in the last year. In this new model, the customer must walk directly through the makeup section to access any of the rest of the store.

How does this make any sense? I, as a man, have no need of makeup. Not every woman heading to the Shoppers Drug Mart, is there to buy makeup. Many people, in fact, go to the Shoppers when they are feeling bad, and look like crap, because Shoppers Drug Mart sells, well, drugs!

This design choice makes no sense and someone needs to tell Shoppers that. I am that someone.

Will it change? Not likely. Ah, but will it change if I do nothing? Not at all. Plus, it won't be as funny.

Take it away, letter number one!

No comments:

Post a Comment